Re: update on reproducible builds

    Date:        Sun, 18 Dec 2016 23:17:41 -0500
    From:        christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | This timestamp is determined in the build system as the timestamp
  | of the latest file committed in the source tree.

When I do real builds (as opposed to "does it still build after
I just mangled things" builds) I do an update with -D  (or -r<tag>:<date>
if it isn't a -current build but a build from a branch) using a specific
timestamp (most commonly the most recent 00:00:00 UTC).  It would be
nice to simply be able to tell build.sh that timestamp and have it
used.   I also do these builds from a local copy of anoncvs (so no
server mods will accomplish anything unless I update cvs on that system.)

kre