Re: configure vlan-if jumbo mtu crashs kernel

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 16:26:49 +0100
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>
To: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: configure vlan-if jumbo mtu crashs kernel

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 02:35:03PM +0100, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
in some networks we are working with jumbo mtu's. If I configure the mtu to
the native interface all works fine.

ifconfig ixg1 mtu 9000 (no problem)

but

ifconfig vlan850 ip4csum tcp4csum udp4csum tcp6csum udp6csum ip4csum-tx
ip4csum-rx tcp4csum-tx tcp4csum-rx udp4csum-tx udp4csum-rx tcp6csum-tx
tcp6csum-rx udp6csum-tx udp6csum-rx tso4 tso6 mtu 9000

The attached patch should prevent the crash, does it?

Yes, the patch solves the problem. Can you commit the patch into the netbsd-7 kernel and (if necessary) into -current.

Thank you for your efforts

Regards
Uwe

Joerg