Re: Booting BSD on a libreboot system - documentation needed

Although, I'm ill-equipped to work on this, I am also curious about BSD support for libreboot. What is blocking EFI support?

-----Original Message----- From: Swift Griggs
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 5:42 PM
To: Leah Rowe
Cc: current-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Booting BSD on a libreboot system - documentation needed

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016, Leah Rowe wrote:
Libreboot is a free/opensource BIOS/UEFI implementation/replacement.
GNU/Linux is supported well, but people have recently started figuring
out how to boot BSD.

Very cool. I for one will check it out.

If I'm not mistaken, NetBSD's bootloader doesn't yet support EFI. It
sounds like it's somewhat less jiggery-pokery than an MBR bootloader. Plus
it just uses a regular FAT32 file system. I'm sure there are difficulties
I'm not aware of, but I'm hoping for good things, soon.

-Swift

--
William D. Jones
thor0505%comcast.net@localhost