Re: help for OpenSSL update needed

Thus wrote Martin Husemann (martin%duskware.de@localhost):

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:30:27PM +0900, Rin Okuyama wrote:
> > I also tested it on UltraSPARC-IIe. Both sparc64 and sparc (GENERIC32.UP
> > kernel from sparc64 and userland from sparc) version passed the 29 tests
> > in /usr/tests/crypto/libcrypto.
>
> The sparc64 tests work for me too, but sparc on 32bit hardware
> fails a few tests by timing out:
>
> t_libcrypto (4/5): 6 test cases
>     bn: [300.074482s] Failed: Test case timed out after 300 seconds
> t_pubkey (5/5): 7 test cases
>     dh: [22.872256s] Passed.
>     dsa: [23.997709s] Passed.
>     ec: [301.048359s] Failed: Test case timed out after 300 seconds
>     ecdh: [66.262402s] Passed.
>     ecdsa: [301.034882s] Failed: Test case timed out after 300 seconds
>     rsa: [299.283552s] Failed: Test case timed out after 300 seconds

if you run:
/usr/tests/crypto/libcrypto/h_bntest
/usr/tests/crypto/libcrypto/h_ectest
/usr/tests/crypto/libcrypto/h_ecdsatest
/usr/tests/crypto/libcrypto/h_rsatest

directly, they ought to be very talkative and tell you at which test of
the respective functions they get stuck. I hope all four have a common
cause.

> > # Some .S files in arch/sparc* are generated but not used. Is this OK?

That's mostly me being a completionist. Makes working on checking if they
have an advantage and activating them if yes at a later date easier.

> Maybe that is related?

If you don't use an ASM method it should fall back to C and that should
always work, just be a bit slower, and most of the ASM in sparc only kicks
in if MACHINE is sparc64.

regards,
	spz