Re: USB serial problems

I wrote:

> I've just built a fresh 7.99.39, and hope to test it later today.

It's still doing it.  I see a pattern, though: after a reboot, I can
open the USB serial device once, but the second attempt will hang up the
USB subsystem, and require a forced reboot to regain control.  Since I
have to reboot between each test, I've tried a limited number of times,
so I may have been misled by coincidence, of course.

I've been using a little test program I wrote to decode incoming data
from the Tellstick, but the same thing happens when simply using kermit
to connect to the USB serial port.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble