unbound not working?

I've just transitioned from BIND to PowerDNS, because I wanted to get
DNSSEC properly configured, and life is too short to do it with BIND.
Part of that was to get a proper recursive resolver going, that knows
not to give me data that fails DNSSEC, so I decided to use unbound for
this, as it's now installed, anyway.

However, I find it's completely impossible to get the unbound in the
distribution to parse any config file without bombing out with a syntax
error on the very first statement in it.

In the end, I installed the unbound from pkgsrc, which works fine.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble