Re: bind -> unbound/nsd

On 2016-08-21 15:38, christos%zoulas.com@localhost wrote:
On Aug 21, 10:28am, tls%panix.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: bind -> unbound/nsd

| I am strongly opposed to removing basic server functionality present
| in BSD Unix for over 30 years -- and still in widespread use -- from NetBSD. | I don't mind replacing BIND but all its functionality should be replacd.
|
| If you want to have to guess which version of basic Internet server
| software might happen to be on the system you're working on today, Linux
| is ---------->over there.

I agree with that; yes, pkgsrc is there, but it does not provide the
tight integration and the "out of the box" usability. I am also running
authoritative servers on NetBSD so I am biased :-)

OK, I'll bite.

Please describe how nsd has a "tighter integration" or (i assume better?) "out of the box usability"
when in -base vs pkgsrc.

Roy