Status of xsrc/native X?

What is now the status of native vs. modular (pkgsrc) X in NetBSD-current?

I seemed to read something about native X being deprecated in favor of pkgsrc X, but keep seeing xsrc in nightly build logs, and recently noticed a big upgrade in native X in xsrc tree as well as supporting files in src tree.

Native X used to be a very old version of xorg-server.

I am already on modular X, should I switch to native, and how do I do it elegantly, or should I do a new installation?  I have space for lots of partitions using GPT on 3 TB or 4 TB hard drive.

Is the intention now to keep native X current?

Tom