panic after 6.x -> 7.x upgrade

Hello,
I've upgraded a server from 6.x to 7.x and it became unstable.
I first did upgrade the kernel (7.0_STABLE from some time ago),
keeping the 6.x userland, and it did run for more than 24h without troubles.
Then I did upgrade the userland and problems started.
Some filesystems are plain ffs, /usr and /var are ffs+wapbl.
/tmp is mfs (not tmpfs because I have quotas here).

First, after userland upgrade, it didn't reboot (a reboot did kill
processes, but then noting happended). I could enter ddb from here
and type 'reboot' but the disks didn't get flushed. I didn't investigate
from ddb, unfortunably.

After reboot and fsck I got, while going multiuser:
err panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "(*vpp)->v_type == VNON" failed: file "/h
ome/bouyer/src-7/src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_alloc.c", line 615
cpu5: Begin traceback...
vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x13c
kern_assert() at netbsd:kern_assert+0x4f
ffs_valloc() at netbsd:ffs_valloc+0x8b4
ufs_makeinode() at netbsd:ufs_makeinode+0x5e
ufs_create() at netbsd:ufs_create+0x5b
VOP_CREATE() at netbsd:VOP_CREATE+0x3d
vn_open() at netbsd:vn_open+0x3WA2R9^MNI
NdoG:_ oSpPenL (N)O aTt  LOneWtERbEsdD: dONo_ oSpYeSnC+AL0Lx1 111 4
0d EoX_IsTys _f4o4pe0nf5at1(0 )7 a^Mt
 netbsd:do_sys_openat+0x68
sys_open() at netbsd:sys_open+0x24
syscall() at netbsd:syscall+0x9a
--- syscall (number 5) ---
7f7ff643c40a:
cpu5: End traceback...

no core dump unfortunably (paniced a second time in wddump).

I did force a fsck on log filesystems. The system came up multiuser and
ran for about 8 hours, then:
panic: wapbl_register_deallocation: out of resources
cpu1: Begin tracebackW.A.R.^MNI
NvpG:an SicPL( ) NaOTt  LneOtWbEsREd:D vOpNa nSiYcS+C0Ax1L3Lc ^M0
 0s npErXIinTt ff7()be 4a0t0 n0e 7tb^Ms
d:snprintf
wapbl_register_inode() at netbsd:wapbl_register_inode
ffs_indirtrunc() at netbsd:ffs_indirtrunc+0x3df
ffs_truncate() at netbsd:ffs_truncate+0xc43
ufs_direnter() at netbsd:ufs_direnter+0x545
ufs_makeinode() at netbsd:ufs_makeinode+0x2c3
ufs_create() at netbsd:ufs_create+0x5b
VOP_CREATE() at netbsd:VOP_CREATE+0x3d
vn_open() at netbsd:vn_open+0x329
do_open() at netbsd:do_open+0x111
do_sys_openat() at netbsd:do_sys_openat+0x68
sys_open() at netbsd:sys_open+0x24
syscall() at netbsd:syscall+0x9a
--- syscall (number 5) ---
7f7ff583c40a:
cpu1: End traceback...

again no core dump (this time: insufficient space 8806272 < 9472135)

the server would then panic again with the same backtrace while going
multiuser (and this time I got a code dump).
So I disabled log on all filesystems, and it has been stable since
then.

Does it ring a bell ?