Re: wm devices don't work under current amd64

On 2016/07/06 18:06, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
Masanobu SAITOH <msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost> writes:

 I got a Latitude E6400 via an auction. I tried -current and it
worked with MSI. While checking your dmesg, I noticed that you
didn't use ACPI. I tried without ACPI and I could reproduce the
problem. Without ACPI, any ioapic isn't attached. knakaraha said
it might be the reason of the problem. Perhaps the problem is
not only for Latitude E6400 but for all systems which don't use
ACPI and use MSI/MSI-X. It can be fixed.

That's very interesting - but if I understand correctly, you're booting
that E6400 with ACPI enabled in the kernel.  When I try that, it crashes
very early in the boot process, dropping into KDB.  Could it have one or
more corrupt ACPI data structures in the BIOS -- and is there any way to
fix this, if so?

 I tried the latest -current and it didn't crash. Could you retry?

-tih

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)