Re: amd64-7.99.29 - Another kernel panic - ffs?

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
>Well, today I just had another crash, this time in ffs_newvnode().  The
>traceback (manually transcribed) is:

[snip]

Was the panic message "ffs_init_vnode: dup alloc" ?

I had this on a filesystem a couple of months ago, I was using wapbl
but didn't have QUOTA or QUOTA2 in the kernel, I confess I just copied
everything off and ran newfs(8) on it.

There has also been a fairly recent report of it happening when
installing NetBSD/hpcarm [1].

Robert Swindells

[1] https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2016/02/27/msg000196.html