Re: current/amd64 randomly shuts down after a few minutes when running under VirtualBox (ACPI problem?)

Hi,

On Wed, 25 May 2016 04:14:38 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> For some reason -current decides that the power button has been
> pressed after a few minutes and shuts down. Normally I'd suspect bad
> hardware but since this is a virtual machine I'm not sure what to think.
> Here is what I managed to grab with a screenshot when it happened after
> around 4 minutes of uptime:
>
> ACPI Error: No installed handler for fixed event - PM_Timer (0), disabling (20160422/evevent-325)
> ACPI Error: No installed handler for fixed event - RealTimeClock (4), disabling (20160422/evevent-325)
> [...]

salazar@ found that FreeBSD encountered the same problem:
https://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-current%freebsd.org@localhost/msg165688.html

Look like there is an upstream patch available:
https://github.com/acpica/acpica/pull/138

Kind regards,
-Tobias