Re: Colour support in editline

Hi!

> Why are you assuming that people are going to pass ansi escape sequences only?
> If we assume ansi strings the problem becomes much simpler. We can hard-code
> a lot of the editor code and stop using terminfo for example...

Thank you for the valuable insights. Apparently I didn’t realise the complexities.
I will take a look into it.

Unfortunately it looks like it’s going in the direction the project I’m affiliated with isn’t
particularly interested in :(

We probably need just VT100 support. Maybe liblinenoise is a better option for us.

Nick.