Re: Colour support in editline

> 2. It can include printable characters; look at how the tcsh code does it.
>   For example, I can have an escape sequence in the prompt that sets the
>   xterm title bar.
If my understanding is correct, the "set xterm title” thing works right now, because
prompt_print just passes the escape sequences through uninterpreted.

> 1. It has to be terminal independent; you can't just parse+construct escape
>   sequences. Use terminfo to get the information for the known attributes.
We can probably parse them, why not? But I agree that construction should
be terminal independent.

So what about parsing escape sequences in the prompt? We can extract sequences
dealing with text presentation and let the remaining ones pass through as it is currently
done.