Re: Crash during rc bootup (amd64) with new networking stuff

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Geoff Wing <gcw%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
> with the new networking setup, I'm getting a crash using clean amd64
> build (GENERIC kernel) during rc script processing.
>
> After getting past netstart.local, I'll get
>
>          interface address is missing from cache = 0x0  in delete
>         arp: writing to routing socket: No such file or directory
>         Building databases: ....
>         Starting syslogd.
>         Starting named.
>         Setting date via ntp.
> then
>
> panic: kernel .... "(la->la_flags & LLE_STATIC) == 0 failed: .. if_arp", line 1220

The source code of your kernel looks a bit old:
  http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/netinet/if_arp.c#1220

You can see the version of the file by:
  $ ident /netbsd |grep if_arp.c
      $NetBSD: if_arp.c,v 1.205 2016/04/07 03:22:15 christos Exp $
And this is the latest version.

Can you rebuild a kernel with the latest snapshot of -current
and try it again (if the source code is actually old)?

Thanks,
  ozaki-r