modular dtrace

Just as a heads-up, the current modularization of dtrace(1) does not load correctly.

The module 'dtrace' depends only on module 'solaris'. However, even with the solaris module loaded, an attempt to load dtrace results in the following linker errors:

kobj_checksyms, 884: [dtrace]: linker error: symbol `dtrace_invop_calltrap_addr' not found
kobj_checksyms, 884: [dtrace]: linker error: symbol `dtrace_invop_jump_addr' not found
kobj_checksyms, 884: [dtrace]: linker error: symbol `dtrace_trap_func' not found
WARNING: module error: unable to affix module `dtrace', error 8

I'm going off-line for a while, but I will be back later this afternoon (Timezone GMT+8) and will investigate further.

for now, if you want to use dtrace, you'll need to include it as a built-in module with 'options KDTRACE_HOOKS' (this is included in the standard GENERIC kernel for at least port-amd64).

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |