Re: sendmmsg() on NetBSD vs Linux

Jan Včelák <jan.vcelak%nic.cz@localhost> writes:

> Hello guys,
>
> sorry for resurrecting this thread.
>
> On Sunday, November 01, 2015 03:57:43 PM Jan Včelák wrote:
>> I've found that the problem is in the newly added sendmmsg() interface.
>> It's behavior slightly differs from the implementation in Linux. The
>> sendmmsg() on NetBSD modifies the msg_hdr.msg_iov member of the supplied
>> struct mmsg_hdr, which doesn't happen on Linux.
>
> I can see that the reactions were diverse. Have you reached some consensus?
> Will this behavior be left intact or can I expect some kind of a fix?

I missed the other messages, although I would have thought that I would
read them from the Subject:.

What does POSIX say?  Are either or both implementations conforming?
That's always the first question.

Then, if both behaviorars are permissibnle, the question is what
multiple other systems do.  Simply "differs from Linux" is not a
sufficient basis to act.  On the other hand, "does not conform to POSIX"
is.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/sendmsg.html