Re: Should MAKEDEV be able to create /dev/filemon ?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015, bch wrote:

I filed a bug for this some time ago (ref:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=49894) that
can now be closed.

Done.  Thanks for providing the pointer.

Additionally I've got an outstanding bug w/ filemon whereby actually
using filemon renders env(1) (ref:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=50309)
unusable -- am I the only person experiencing this ? If I am, then
there are two issues

 1) I need to adjust my code
 2) filemon is too brittle, regardless of my code

I will have a look.  I had a similar problem yesterday, where I was
unable to 'cvs update' my source tree from the shell after having run
a filemon test program.  (It complained about being unable to start
ssh, which could well have resulted from a corrupt environment.)

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |