Re: Hanging at shutdown with mystery "file system full" error

On 20 October 2015 at 19:57, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost> wrote:
> With sources from Oct. 17th I get a repeatable hang whenever I shutdown
> my laptop (NetBSD/amd64 current).  If X is running at shutdown time,
> then I can't switch back to the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1 has no effect) and
> my only recourse is to kill the power.

I have a similar issue but I'm not running current, just 7.0-rc3. And
I do have /tmp on tmpfs, as pointed out by Robert Swindells.

Apart from the solution offered by Robert, I have fixed my issue by
calling the poweroff script from Fluxbox menu.

I don't know why, but if I issue poweroff either manually in xterm or
via fluxbox, I can poweroff fine; if I press the power button, the
system will just hang forever.

--
Ottavio