Re: Problems with gdb?

    Date:        Sun, 4 Oct 2015 10:26:10 +0300
    From:        Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost>

  | Paul Goyette wrote:
  | > In attempts to debug another problem (see the thread about "killing
  | > zombies"), I've twice forced crash dumps from ddb.  Once with the 'sync'
  | > command, and once with 'reboot 0x104'.
  | [...]
  | > Yet, gdb fails to process these files:
  |
  | PR 48915?

No, that one (I believe) relates to the /var/crash/netbsd.N files
being a mess - something goes horribly wrong in the way they're created
(I had observed that one as well, though I wasn't aware there was a PR
about it.)

That one is a nuisance bug, as one can always just use the /netbsd file
that had been booted when the system crashed instead.

Paul's problem is with the image file (the core) - or more likely, with
gdb (since crash(8) works).

kre