"hme" tcp4csum-rx breaks 'pf' redirection to 'ftp-proxy'

In pkgsrc-user@, I noted trouble fetching the distfile for graphics/tiff.
As my NAT/firewall 'pf' rules for ftp-proxy have been working unchanged
for at least the last five years, either software or hardware broke it.

This is NetBSD/sparc-7.0_RC3 on a SPARCstation 5.

I recently updated my NAT/firewall system's hardware to use a "SUNW,qfe"
Quad Fast Ethernet card.  It shows up as hme[0-3] with ukphy[0-3].

It appears that using the hme's "tcp4csum-rx" capability on my internal
hme interface fouls up 'pf's redirection of FTP connections to ftp-proxy.
Connection attempts would time out.

Disabling "tcp4csum-rx" (leaving "tcp4csum-tx" enabled) allows proxied
FTP connections to work again.

Anyone else using sparc{,64} and hme for NAT/firewall with ftp-proxy?
If so, see anything like the above?