Re: Problem upgrading from 7.0 RC2 to RC3 (ethernet)

In Message <55E810DF.20205%libero.it@localhost>,
   Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost>wrote:

=>Hi,
=>
=>John D. Baker wrote:
=>> I have seen this behavior with 'dhcpcd' and "fxp" interfaces all the
=>> time.  One must use the "-K, --nolink" (ignore carrier messages)
=>> command-line options or the "nolink" keyword in "dhcpcd.conf" to work
=>> around it.
=>>
=>> As suggested, a statically-assigned IP will work just fine.
=>
=>To be honest, in so many years I never used miniroot, I looked for the
=>quickest way to upgrade an existing NetBSD install without burnining
=>CD's every time and on OpenBSD I got quite spoiled using BSD.rd

   I upgrade with USB images, e.g.,
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-7/201509030430Z/images/NetBSD-7.0_RC3-amd64-install.img.gz
It works great, though I did have similar wireless issues on my
laptop. Unfortunately, I don't see images for the main RC3 release,
and the above URL will change with the date of recent builds. Still,
if you don't need to automate it, writing the image to a USB flash
drive is a lot nicer than burning a CD.

				Gary Duzan

=>indeed, assigning a fixed IP solved everything and the download of all
=>files and I upgraded successfully.
=>
=>I still appear to have ACPI/sleep problems. Perhaps it is better to move
=>discussion here to "current" when using RC3 ?
=>
=>Riccardo