Re: __cpu_simple_lock_t

On 30/08/15 22:26, Patrick Welche wrote:
Maybe something about this should go into UPDATING?

If there's some problem in the build system which makes it install only part of the headers during a build, that problem should be investigated and fixed instead of making notes in UPDATING.

That said, I tested the change with an update build (without -E) and it worked as expected.

I just had build.sh -E -u failing on two -current/amd64 boxen in the form:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:353:0,
                  from /usr/src/crypto/external/bsd/heimdal/include/config.h:1626
,
                  from /usr/src/crypto/external/bsd/heimdal/dist/lib/vers/make-pr
int-version.c:37:
/usr/include/pthread_types.h:39:1: error: unknown type name '__cpu_simple_lock_t
'
  typedef __cpu_simple_lock_t pthread_spin_t;
  ^

(This actually started with misc/dialog not building with
configure: error: No curses header-files found
because the curses check failed with the __cpu_simple_lock_t error)

It turns out this was because somehow /usr/include/machine/types.h
and /usr/include/pthread_types.h were new, but /usr/include/sys/types.h
was old.

cd /usr/src/sys/sys && make includes

cured it...

Cheers,