Re: wm0: wm0: ROM image version 3.11 is older than 3.25

On 2015/06/28 0:33, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

I noted this message today:

wm0: ROM image version 3.11 is older than 3.25

What does it want to tell me?

 Perhaps there is nothing to do by yourself :-)

  Thomas

 I210 and I211 have a bug that the PLL misconfigured very slowly.
The NVM image version 3.25 and newer have a workaround to solve
the problem but not in others. See "25. Slow System Clock,
Intel Ethernet Controller I210 Specification Update"

 Even if your card's NVM image is old, our driver has a workaround
code to recover from it (wm_pll_workaround_i21()). If the code
detect the wrong state, The follwing message will be shown:

        if (wa_done)
                aprint_verbose_dev(sc->sc_dev, "I210 workaround done\n");
}

 The docuemtn says the problem occurs one oer 1000 power cycles.
I wrote avobe aprint_verbose_dev() to check if the code really
works, but I've never seen the message yet.

 One month ago, I wrote a code to print the NVM image version
(I don't know that code is correct or not because the documents
don't explain the format explicitly). If you find a new errata
in a spec update document and it has note the NVM version, you
can compare it with the output of NetBSD's dmesg.

Note that it's differnt from the BOOT ROM version which is printed
by boot ROM.

Regards.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)