Re: dynamically created /dev/null is a regular file

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:15:44PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jun 25, 12:06pm, brook%nmsu.edu@localhost (Brook Milligan) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: dynamically created /dev/null is a regular file
>
> | On Jun 25, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | > Why isn't MAKEDEV invoked with -f?
> |
> | Are you asking why we don't apply a patch like the following?
>
> Yes, that would "fix" broken device entries.

I don't get it - we are talking about the case where init finds no
/dev/console, so it mounts a tmpfs on /dev and then (on the empty tmpfs)
runs MAKEDEV ?

Where does /dev/null get created if not inside MAKEDEV then? Or is
the tmpfs mount failing?

Martin