Re: USB keyboard recognized during boot menu, not later

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:07:42 +0000 (UTC)
christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> In article <20150620030528.GA9337@odin>, Mayuresh  <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 05:53:51PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >> Uncomment xhci if you feel adventurous from GENERIC...
> >
> >Tried. It works, but very vaguely. E.g. if I take out the keyboard, it
> >doesn't recognize that and if I re-insert it doesn't work.
> >
> >I noticed a comment in GENERIC that xhci is experimental.
> >
> >Looks like, for now I'll have to switch to some other OS, possibly Debian
> >8, which I already tried. Will revisit this after a few months.
>
> you could try the nick usb branch...
>
> christos

I filed PR 49981 for what might be a similar issue. I have a new super
micro X10DRC-LN4+ system that  also has a non-working usb bus. I
disabled xhci in the bios, but still no luck. It's ok running
netbsd-6 for now, but obviously I'd like to get this fixed
so I can upgrade someday.

HW