Re: amd64/7.0_BETA fails to probe USB devices?

>> I've recently been installing NetBSD on a new Lenovo RD350
>> server.  I first tried booting from USB disk and from a USB
>> CD-ROM drive, and both the install kernels loaded just fine.
>> However, the boot medium was not probed by the 7.0_BETA amd64
>> kernel. [...]
>>
>> Anyone else seeing something similar, or is this particular to
>> this chipset combination?  Anything I can do to debug this
>> further?
>
> This is PR kern/48494 :(
>
> As a workaround you can boot with -2 (disable ACPI).

Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to proceed with finding
a proper solution to this problem?

As you saw, disabling ACPI has its own issues (caused panic).

It seems to me that ACPICA 20131218 is quite old, and I see
traces of newer versions "out there", but I have not tinkered
with that code before so have no idea how much effort it would
take to upgrade it.  ...and there's no guarantee that doing so
will actually fix the problem, of course.

Is there any more data which can be gathered to narrow in on the
root cause of this problem?

Regards,

- Håvard