Re: panic running include/t_paths

On Tue, 5 May 2015, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

It seems that when sysmonopen() is called, it might need to autoload the
module that handles the specific sub-comopnent (envsys, power, or wdog). But
if the autoload failed, the code blindly proceeded to call the
sub-component's open routine anyway (indirectly through the sysmon_opvec
table).  Since autoload had failed, the opvec entry was never loaded and we
jumped off into never-never land.  :)

this is likely to be the problem. Xen kernels are not MODULAR.

Hmmm. I might have to re-insert the various xxx_init() calls back into kern/init_main.c for the non-MODULAR systems.

BTW, why do we have a completely separate /stand/{amd64,i386}-xen directory structure to hold the xen modules, if xen kernels are not capable of loading them?

:)

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |