Re: Build fails on extra files in DESTDIR, what does that mean?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 07:40, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> But I am still curious about a build failing on extra files in DESTDIR
> and how to avoid it, remember this happening before in NetBSD but not
> FreeBSD.

./build.sh does an automatic make cleandir by default (if you don't pass
the -u option), but this does not delete files in DESTDIR (in some
cases, DESTDIR may refer to a running system, and you definitely don't
want to clean everything out of there when you tidy up your source
tree).  You have to wipe out the destdir manually if there are extra
files there.  (I think there's another make target for that purpose, but
it's been a few months since I've used it).

-- IDL