Re: Removal of acorn26 port

> On 04/16/15 08:25, Justin Cormack wrote:
> > On 16 April 2015 at 00:51, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:

> >> I a proponent of following the rules, but I feel we've been dragging
> >> dead bodies and it's having an impact in our available resources.

> >> People who use the port should shout if they want the port kept around.
> > Once it is moved to tier III it should not impact any work anyone
> > wants to do, as making it more broken is then fine.

> > Deleting a port that our documentation says is supported with two
> > weeks notice, when we have a documented procedure after an email to
> > some lists people may not even be on may well make people worried that
> > the port they use might disappear while they are on holiday. And the
> > documentation needs fixing.

> With all due respect to process...

> The portmaster resigned from the project.

> The only (visible) user has stashed his machine in a closet.

> gcc 4.8 almost certainly broke the toolchain

> It's time to delete it.

> Nick

Moving a port to Tier III and letting it become more broken is not fair; better to be honest and put it out of its misery.

Since there is no immediate urgency, maybe give two weeks or a month for anybody who uses port-acorn26 to speak up, then delete if nobody comes forward.

I can't figure how I'd use it or find a compatible computer; running in an emulator doesn't really count.

For that matter, does anybody still use port-vax?

Tom