Re: Removal of acorn26 port

Justin Cormack <justin%specialbusservice.com@localhost> wrote:
> > acorn26 build but has been suspected of being broken for years.  The
> > last post to port-acorn26 was in 2011.
>
> Yes, I am sure it qualifies to move to tier III, and has done for some
> years. Procedurally, moving it officially to tier III and then
> removing all support for it from the common code to make it even more
> broken (it would then be removed from the build matrix), and then
> deleting it in 6 months might be better than just deleting it now.

Back in 2009 when I removed uarea swap-out [1], I managed to find only
*one* user of acorn26 - its former maintainer (bjh21).  He managed to
boot to single-user mode but run out of time trying multi-user.  Since
then nobody managed to show acorn26 being usable without uarea swapout.

There is really no point to keep it dusting.

[1] https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2009/10/21/msg002198.html

--
Mindaugas