Re: __weak definition and problems with Obj-C

Hi,

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 06:46:39PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
after some research, I carry the proof. __weak (and __strong) is an
Objective-C keyword instroduced when Apple introduced garbage
collection.
Thus the change from 6.1.5 header to current header essentially
breaks objective-c.
This is pretty much irrelevant. The C standard is very clear on what is
implementation namespace or not. GNUstep is wrong. Period.

This is Objective-C, not GNUstep. thus, your "period" is perhaps nothing more than a semicolon. Perhaps Objective-c is not as widespread as I would like to be in the free software world, but acting like this is of no help.

Riccardo