Re: __weak definition and problems with Obj-C

   Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:09:00 +0200
   From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost>

   when using current NetBSD and compiling GNUstep (current
   objective-c stuff from svn, not packages) I get for about any obj-c
   file these redefinition warnings:

   /System/Library/Headers/GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h:417:0: warning: "__weak" redefined [enabled by default]

    #    define __weak
    ^

   This change looks bad, it would make NetBSD incompatible with Obj-c
   apparently! I asked on the gnustep list and the reply was to report
   a bug. Since it works in the 6.1.5 release (and did for all
   versions I have run GNUstep on, so since 1.6 for sure...), I write
   here first.

This is a bug in GNUstep: names beginning with `__' are reserved to
the implementation (e.g., NetBSD) and may not be defined by user
programs (e.g., GNUstep).