-current panic in snprintf()?

I've been running one of my hoard of Dell PowerEdge 2850s semi-disklessly
(only swap and scratch space on local disk), performing
'pkg_rolling-replace' for my shared -current/amd64 diskless installation.

This morning (07:53 local time), just after packaging up its latest
replacement package, I noticed that it was taking a long time to finish
a very small package.  Upon typing a character into the SSH session, I
was greeted with "Write failed, broken pipe".

I logged in again (so the machine was up), and sure enough there was a
crash dump in /var/crash.

$ uname -a
NetBSD dpe2850e 7.99.9 NetBSD 7.99.9 (GENERIC) #55: Tue Apr  7 22:53:19 CDT 2015  sysop%yggdrasil.technoskunk.fur@localhost:/r0/build/current/obj/amd64/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

$ crash -M netbsd.0.core -N netbsd.0
Crash version 7.99.9, image version 7.99.9.
System panicked: trap
Backtrace from time of crash is available.
crash> bt
_KERNEL_OPT_NARCNET() at 0
_KERNEL_OPT_ACPI_SCANPCI() at _KERNEL_OPT_ACPI_SCANPCI+0x3
vpanic() at vpanic+0x145
snprintf() at snprintf
startlwp() at startlwp
crash>