Re: DRMKMS problem on i386 i915 chipset

> Having a problem getting a 7-BETA KMS kernel to work on my now quite old
> Sony VAIO laptop.

Hey, at least you can **see** some dmesg output :-)

For me (attempting my very first -current installation), the kernel
from seven or ten days ago fails with blanking the screen.

Just prior to that, it manages to dump some registers/memory/device
table to the screen.  The blanking (perhaps even panicing?) happens
too fast to let me read anything, though.

This is the i386 port on an ASUS EeePc 1000H, Atom N270 with Intel
945GME graphics.  (Works just fine with Netbsd-5.x and -6.x, incl. drm)

I researched the current-users mailing list and i915 troubles have
already been reported in early March.

Your dmesg output (abridged):

> agp0 at pchb0: i915-family chipset
> i915drmkms0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x27a2 (rev.
> drm: Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
> i915drmkms0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16 (i915)
> drm: GMBUS [i915 gmbus panel] timed out, falling back to bit banging on pin 3
> intelfb0 at i915drmkms0
> i915drmkms0: info: registered panic notifier
> intelfb0: framebuffer at 0xdb070000, size 640x480, depth 32, stride 2560
> DRM error in intel_pipe_config_compare: mismatch in
> adjusted_mode.flags(DRM_MODE_FLAG_PHSYNC) (expected 0, found 1)

is very helpful to me because it provides a few suggestions for disabling
drivers at userconf stage.

						Thank you & Happy Easter!
						Martin