Re: DoS attack against TCP services

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Robert Elz wrote:

What's more, it seems peculiar to your system, as no-one else seems to
be reporting similar problems.   So I'd be investigating how the timers
are working (or are not working) in the kernel - perhaps even try
selecting a different timer.

I wonder also that no one else has similar problems. The main task of the server is to route IPv6 packets between VLANs. The server has a 10G link. About the 10GE link VLANs are routed. The highest rate I have observed was 2 Gb. The CPU load of CPU 0 was over 50%. It was caused by interrupts. All other CPUs were almost 100% idle. Everything works fine until the TCP connections are not closed properly.

I assume that time (as seen from user processes) is functioning correctly?

kre

I can not notice any problems with the system time.

Regards
Uwe