Re: NetBSD-current on amd64 with Dell PERC 4e/Di hangs under load

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Christos Zoulas wrote:

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:00:51 +0000 (UTC)
From: Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost>
To: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: NetBSD-current on amd64 with Dell PERC 4e/Di hangs under load

In article <m2k308t2s7.fsf%athene.hamartun.priv.no@localhost>,
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo  <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> wrote:
I tried building a kernel with LOCKDEBUG, but that hung about halfway
through the /etc/rc.d/ scripts, so I gave up on it.  I've just managed
to get a proper core dump from a hang.  Didn't write down the backtraces
for the various CPUs, but one was doing disk I/O, one was in pf handling
a fragment (and calling kernel_lock()), one was in ipmi (again, calling
kernel_lock(), I think), and the final one was servicing some interrupt.

If there's anything I ought to pull from the dump, please let me know!

If LOCKDEBUG hangs, you have problems.... I'd try to get more information
on that first.

If LOCKDEBUG hangs during the startup scripts, maybe it can be the same
problem like kern/49328? Not the same drive but also an intel NIC.

My Dell 1950 with a DELL Perc 4e works fine under high load. But it runs at netbsd-6.

christos

Uwe