with floppy disks and the like?

Some particulars that might be relevant to the install:

- the partition table and disk look something like:
  #1 ntfs
  #2 ntfs
  #3 my partition created using gparted
  #4 Extended
    #5 ext3
    #6 ext3

- for NetBSD, within #4, I used the defaults (new file system, ...)

- MPR boot blocks were not installed (existing grub)

- per above, pc console being installed, died
(I also tried telling it to leave things as-is and that got a core
dump from sysinst)

While I got around this by running the above with -f and restarting
the install, I've got to wonder why, when initializing a partition
from scratch, this would happen.

Andrew