Re: dhcpcd ignores netmask from server, installs /8 or /24 instead

On 2014-12-13 13:37, Roy Marples wrote:
On 13/12/2014 04:37, John D. Baker wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, John D. Baker wrote:

Following an update and a reboot, 'dhcpcd' ignores the "/20" netmask
presented by the ISP's DHCP server and instead installs the address with
a "/8" netmask instead (the address assigned by the DHCP server would
otherwise be a Class A were it not for the "/20" netmask).

With dhcpcd v6.4.3 in netbsd-7, this appears to be related to the use of
the "noalias" directive.  While using "noalias" to prevent the dynamic
address being installed as an alias, a bogus netmask would be used.

Without "noalias", the server-provided netmask is used.

This is fixed here:
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/ci/1d6c70b7ce81a34fd5a2e03bc35cac6a675f7a8b?sbs=0

Basically noalias now removes any existing addresses we don't want when
we adding/refreshing the one we do want.

I've just updated -current to dhcpcd-6.6.6 with this fixed.
I'll request a pullup to -7 in a few days.

Roy