Re: questions about the netbsd ip stack

6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost writes:

> We operate a netbsd router in our network. Attached are more than 1000
> devices. My question: is there a fixed size of the ndp table or is the
> size dynamically adjusted? The same question is about the size of the
> routing table. Is there a fixed maximum size or is the size at runtime
> adjusted. Currently, the size is about 1500
>
> bash-4.3 # route -n show | wc -l
>      1692
> bash-4.3 # ndp -an | wc -l
>      1543

I am pretty sure ndp entries are just specific type entries in the
single routing table.   There is no fixed limit for that table, and I
don't think you're near the edge.   I am not clear if there are any
limits in the ndp code itself, but I woudl doubt it.

> We also want to use the bridge interface. ifconfig shows that only a
> maximum of 100 MAC addresses is supported. How can you increase this
> limit?

I would suggest reading the bridge source code :-)