Intel HD Graphics 3000 support/getting started

Hello all,

I know based on previous posts that Intel graphics drivers are available in current. However, I'm currently a bit puzzled on how to get started with these drivers due to lack of information about what specific drivers are available, how to enable them, and how to setup X so I get beyond 1024x768 resolution.

To start, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 as my laptop, with Intel HD Graphics 3000, so getting a new gfx card is infeasible. Is this particular card supported in amd64 current at this time?

If so, what is the easiest way to get started if my current NetBSD installation is 6.1.5 (which does not have such support and limits me to a 4:3 ratio on a 16:9 monitor :P)? I know for now that I should disable acceleration based on Firefox issues, which were mentioned in another post on this list. If it's not currently supported, well- I just have to wait for now :P. nv doesn't support my discrete gfx card (Quadro 2000M).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Sincerely,

--
William D. Jones
Rowan University | ECE | 2012