Re: The pkgsrc-2014Q3 Release

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 07:20:21AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> [...]
> > or by pulling from the git mirrors at:
> >         https://github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc
> >         https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc
> > or the mercurial mirror at:
> >         https://bitbucket.org/agc/pkgsrc.hg
>
> Pkgsrc guide online says nothing about git or mercurial.  I've been
> using cvs because that's what the guide said, for NetBSD src and
> pkgsrc trees.
>
> My question is whether there are any special parameters needed to
> git-clone or pull pkgsrc tree.

My experience has been that pulling git repos is straightforward - I
encourage you to try for yourself and report any problems.  In my
experiments, I've yet to find any issues or problems.

> Question arises because of problems I've had with haikuports,
> haikuporter and haikuports.cross from (Atlassian) bitbucket.org
> relating to (SSL) certificates.
>
> I've never used mercurial (hg), though I recognize the chemical
> symbol.
>
> Is it better to use git or cvs?  Is git also for NetBSD src trees?

That's completely up to you - we provide you with the tools, it's up
to you to do things with them.  But if the SSL certs you have are
inconsistent or wrong, it's up to you to verify them and make them
right.

Best,
Al