Re: No buffer space available

Erik Fair <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> See http://gnats.netbsd.org/7285

Ah, that looks relevant to my error messages.  However: this seems to be
a symptom, and not the cause.  I suspect that my network hangs (which
affect everything, not just UDP connections, and which happen when the
machine is busy with local (cpu and disk intensive) work) have another
cause, possibly resource starvation, or kernel lock contention.

I could, of course, change my openvpn links to use TCP instead of UDP,
but I suspect that would only stop the console messages.  Or will the
UDP connection run away with transmit buffers that TCP wouldn't, because
of flow control mechanisms?

-tih
--
It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.  -Richard Feynman