Re: lsi 1020/1030 problems

        hello.  In thinking about your issue with the LSI SCSI controller a
bit, I have the following questions:

1.  What drives do you have attached to the LSI controller?

2.  How do the controller and drives probe under Linux which you say works
fine?

3.  What happens if you boot the system with no drives attached to the LSI
controller?

4.  How about if you plug drives in 1 by 1 and reboot each time?

5.  Or, plug drives in and then run scsictl scanbus against the bus you
just altered?

I'm wondering if you have a particular drive that our driver doesn't like?
The message youre seeing suggests the LSI controller is receiving more data
than it expects from a particular SCSI target.  Unfortunately, the driver
isn't telling you which target it is.  I'm not sure if that's because the
driver doesn't have that data from the LSI controller or because we just
didn't write the driver to present it.  Having spent a lot of time working
on this driver, however, I'm pretty sure the problem you're seeing is
between a particular drive and the controller itself.  If it works on
Linux, it probably means we're setting up the  controller differently and
it's a matter of figuring out  what, exactly is different.

-thanks
-Brian