Re: cvs update stopped by missing file or directory

from my original post:

> I tried to update source tree but was stopped by

> cvs [update aborted]: cannot open directory
> /cvsroot/src/external/mit/lua/src: No such file or directory

> Is something temporarily missing at the server end, or did something get
> screwed at my end?

Matthias Scheler responded:

> I had the same problem yesterday. The repository was changed in an unsafe
> manner after a CVS import into the wrong directory.

> The easiest way to fix this is to remove "src/external/mit/lua" in your
> CVS checkout and run "cvs update" again.

That fixed it, thanks!

Actually, it was external/mit/lua/src

I examined this directory and subdirectories, and it looked like a tangled
mess, likely due to changes gone awry at the repository end.

Tom