Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, thor0505%comcast.net@localhost wrote:
However, when building pcc in ./build.sh tools with a CVS source tree, I receive the following error which prevents me from continuing:
 [...]
gcc_compat.o: In function `pragmas_gcc':
gcc_compat.c:(.text+0xb6f): undefined reference to `__USE'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

src/tools/compat/compat_defs.h contains this macro definition of __USE:

138:#undef __USE
139:#define __USE(a) ((void)(a))

It appears that pcc has not been properly set up to use the tools/compat infrastructure, so it's not getting the definitions from that file. You could try adding these three lines near the top of src/external/bsd/pcc/dist/pcc/os/netbsd/ccconfig.h:

#if HAVE_NBTOOL_CONFIG_H
#include "nbtool_config.h"
#endif

but I don't know whether that will be enough.

--apb (Alan Barrett)