pkg_add packages for evbearmv6hf-el: "Cannot execute ELF binary"

Hello all,

I am not sure whether this is user error or a legitimate bug, so I will post here before filing a PR. The following thread may be related:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2013/12/21/msg023935.html

I am attempting to get my NTFS hard disk recognized under Raspberry Pi so that I may transfer files to and from the device as secondary storage. Currently, any attempt to mount the device using mount_ntfs returns "Operation not supported by device", even using the ro option. At least on FreeBSD as of August 2013, mount_ntfs is broken, so I figured installing ntfs-3g is the solution. Compiling ntfs-3g from scratch is not ideal on my Pi currently (see below), so I attempted to use pkg_add (with -f option) to install from:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/evbarm/6.1/filesystems/fuse-ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz

pkg_add works correctly and installs the package, but all attempts to run the program end with the following error message:
rpi-ptrain# ntfs-3g
-sh: Cannot execute ELF binary /usr/pkg/bin/ntfs-3g
This also applies to other packages, such as python.

Is the expected behavior due to ARM family mismatch, intentional changes in the kernel facilities between 6.1 and 6.99 that make the packages out of date, or is this a legitimate program loader bug that I may have found? Source that I have manually compiled and placed in /usr/local (including wget) works perfectly fine, and for the time being, I suppose the following git repository is an unofficial workaround: https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/tree/master/RPI/RPIimage/Image

Yes, I could place the kernel sources on my host and compile ntfs-3g in that manner. However, that is currently not convenient for me when I effectively have a machine at home dedicated to building kernels/holding one copy of the CVS tree. I have not figured out the best way to cross-compile packages beyond what the NetBSD source tree provides (userland and kernel).

As always, thank you for any guidance in helping me understand the problem :).

Sincerely,

William D. Jones