Re: Strange boot problems on amd64-current (6.99.40)

On Sun, 11 May 2014, Paul Goyette wrote:

On Sun, 11 May 2014, Christos Zoulas wrote:

I found the rest of the e-mails. Please enable DEBUG_GEOM to see what
happens in x86_autoconf.c. And DEBUG and rf_kdebug_level > 0
for rf_netbsdkintf.c

Unfortunately, there is way too much info created by those two options, and nothing useful remains on the screen when the scrolling stops. And nothing useful remains in dmesg buffer after a normal reboot.

I might be able to get a serial console set-up, but it will likely take some time, as I have never used serial console with netbsd. (I would estimate that it would take me at least until next weekend, maybe even longer...)

OK, looks like I got serial console working - much easier than I thought it would be. :)

I have attached the boot log here...

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |