Re: uninitilized variables with -O1

>Am 08.04.2014 05:18, schrieb Takahiro HAYASHI:
> gcc points out two uninitialized variables while building current
> amd64 kernel with makeoptions COPTS="-O1 -fno-omit-frame-pointer",
> but does not complain about these with "-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer".

I am all for code improvements and simplifications, but please
don't start fixing uninitialized warnings with different optimization
flag combinations because the compiler does not always evaluate
the define-use paths properly, leading to spurious warnings that
can only be fixed with overinitialization, which is a problem in
itself.

christos