Re: Network attack?

On 26/02/2014 21:37, christos%astron.com@localhost wrote:
In article <m2mwhem251.fsf%athene.hamartun.priv.no@localhost>,
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo  <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> wrote:
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

But definitely thanks for the info - if (when) it happens again, I
will try disabling the "transmission" stuff and see if the situation
gets better.

Any news on this? I get occasional crashes or hangs of an amd64 system that serves as my main gateway, file server, mail server, etc, and uses ipf to do firewalling and NAT between VLANs on a trunked interface. The risk seems to be related to network throughput, and greatly increased if
a host behind the gateway runs rtorrent.

Here are crash dumps I've collected:

I've had issues with ipf. Try running npf.

I've had and still have issues with npf since I changed from ipf.

I'm 100% sure that my "hangs" are not ipf nor npf related on amd64 as simply restarting any network facing daemon (dnsmasq, unbound, dhcpd, dhcpcd, etc) causes a hard lock, no crash dump, no nothing. It's kinda like my server is reliable but accident prone. This has been happening since I ungraded the box from 5.0 to -current (just for the axe(4) changes i need - hi nick!) but it's manageable. Only locks up when i restart a service.

Roy